I recently bought a junky desk and fixed it up and I thought it was time to do the same to my mouse pad. I was sick of looking at this thing that my husband got for free at some convention. It was about time for a makeover. If you also have a ugly mouse pad then this tutorial is for you.
Let's get started...
1. First pick out your fabric. I chose a vintage piece of fabric I found at a local thrift store for a dollar. I loved the color and thought it would work perfectly on my desk.
2. Stencil the mouse pad onto the fabric and then cut along the lines. Don't worry if it isn't exact, you can trim it down later.
3. Lightly Mod Podge over the top side of fabric. This will stiffing the fabric and make it easier to apply to the mouse pad. It will also help when you trim the fabric so the fabric doesn't fray.
4. Once the fabric has COMPLETELY dried, Generously Mod Podge the top of the mouse pad and the back side of the fabric. Once done, adhere the two sides together so the correct side of the fabric is on top.
5. Once that has completely dried, give one more generous coat of Mod Podge to the top of the fabric.
6. Once dried, inked the edges. This is optional but I think it just polishes off the look. I just used a simple ink pad and a sponge brush.
7. This is the crucial last step. Finish it off with a quick spray of Krylon matte finish. This will help give it that smooth surface so your mouse can slide easily.
YOU'RE DONE! Now go and enjoy your new mouse pad.
Linking up here